SB-2018-19-011: Why Print It When You Can Email It?
Senate Bill No.: 2018-19-011
Date: November 1, 2018
Authored by: University Affairs Committee Vice Chairperson Wade Hawthorne
Referred to: University Affairs Committee
Committee Rec: University Affairs Committee
Senate Action: November 26, 2018 (18-0-0)
Title: Why Print It When You Can Email It?
1. WHEREAS: The Associated Students, Inc. (AS) is the official voice of over 38,000 students at California State University Northridge; AND
2. WHEREAS: AS is the primary advocate for students at CSUN and provides excellent, meaningful programs and services designed to create and enhance a spirited, learning focused campus environment; AND
3. WHEREAS: AS is always trying to get more students involved and increase student participation within the many programs and services we offer; AND
4. WHEREAS: There are multiple locations such as the Matador Mercados, Subway, Panda Express, Burger King, El Pollo Loco, the Freudian Sips, and the Campus Bookstore on campus that print paper receipts when an item is purchased; AND
5. WHEREAS: For sustainable purposes, AS has requested that all locations which print paper receipts have the option to opt out of receiving a receipt; THEREFORE LET IT BE
1. RESOLVED: We call upon T.U.C. to allow for the option to have a receipt emailed to the student or to opt out of receiving a receipt completely; AND LET IT BE FURTHER
2. RESOLVED: That copies of this resolution be distributed widely, including but not limited to the following:
● Dianne Harrison, University President ● CSUN Today ● The Daily Sundial ● The University Corporation (T.U.C.)