President & Vice President Stipends
This Code is established under the authority prescribed in the Constitution and Bylaws of the Associated Students of California State University, Northridge, Inc.
The purpose of this Code shall be to outline and define responsibilities of President & Vice President with regards to President & Vice President Stipends.
DATE OF EFFECTIVENESS:
This Code shall be effective when approved by a majority vote of the Associated Students Senate.
This Code may be amended by a majority of the total voting membership of the Associated Students Senate.
The President shall be responsible to the Associated Students for representing the members of the entire matriculated student body. They shall be responsible for managing and overseeing the operations of the Corporation. The Vice President is responsible for upholding the duties described in the Code on Associated Students Vice President (Code 288b).
If the President or Vice President leaves offices they shall no longer be eligible for the remaining stipend of that particular session.
ADMINISTRATION OF PRESIDENT & VICE PRESIDENT STIPENDS
- The amount of President & Vice President Stipends shall be determined by the Annual Budget.
- President and Vice President Stipends are awarded for (26) twenty-six pay periods totaling (52) fifty-two weeks per term.
- This Code shall be reviewed at the beginning of each semester by the Policies Committee and a report brought before the Senate no later than the fourth (4th) regularly scheduled Senate meeting of that session.
- An itemized report should include the amount of the stipend and any other benefits received as a result of holding the President and Vice President office.
- This Code shall be included in the Senate Retreat Packet.
The Code on President/Vice President Stipends shall uphold the policies of:
- The United States Constitution
- The State of California
- California State University , Northridge
- Associated Students, Inc.
This Code shall supersede any and all codes on Associated StudentsPresident/Vice President Stipends passed prior to November 30, 2010.