This Code is established under Article XV of the Bylaws of the Associated Students, Inc., California State University Northridge.
The purpose of this Code is to define a procedure for creating, accepting, amending and recording Codes.
STANDARDS OF IMPLEMENTATION:
This Code shall be effective when approved by a majority vote of the total voting membership of Associated Students Senate.
This Code may be amended by a majority vote of the total membership of the Associated Students Senate.
CONTENT OF CODE
Each Code shall be structured to parallel the form presented below, unless otherwise specified by the Policies Committee:
- Each Code shall bear a name and a number; and each Code change shall bear a name, number and letter to be assigned by the Policies Committee.
- Each Code shall bear an Article quoting the authority under which it is established.
- Each Code shall state the purpose for which it is established.
- Each Code or Code Change shall contain a statement stipulating the Standard for proposed Code or Code Change shall be implemented.
- Each Code shall contain a statement stipulating amendment procedure.
- Each Code shall contain a section which shall bear a title for under which the following information shall be found:
- Inherent power (i.e. create committees, etc.);
- Goals (if applicable);
- Policy statements (if applicable);
- Any and all pertinent information regarding the structure of the position created.
- Each Administrative Code shall contain a statement stipulating appointment, tenure, and responsibility of that position.
- Each Code shall contain a section describing the duties of the position and or the responsibility of the committee created.
- Each Code shall contain a section indicating the committee or board which the position created is a member of.
- Each Code shall contain a section stipulating regulations by which the position described shall be governed.
- Each Code shall contain a statement indicating the Parliamentary procedure that shall be appealed to if/when such is applicable.
ACCEPTING AND AMENDING PROCEDURE
- Any proposed Code or Code Change shall be submitted to the Chair of the Policies Committee. In the absence of Committee Chairperson, the changes to Code or Code Changes shall be submitted to the Attorney General for investigation as to its constitutionality and conformity with existing Bylaws of the Constitution of the Associated Students of California State University, Northridge, and regulations as set down by the State of California.
- A period of one week shall be required by the A.S. Senate after distribution of the proposed Code or Code Change at a regular meeting thereof, before a vote on the aforementioned Code or Code Change.
- A majority vote shall be necessary to approve a proposed Code.
- A majority vote of the total membership of the A.S. Senate shall be necessary to approve a Code Change.
A majority vote of the total membership of the A.S. Senate shall be necessary to approve a Code Change.
- The Policies Committee shall be responsible for the numbering and recording of all Codes or Code Changes.
- Numbering of Codes: 1-99 Procedural Codes; 100 - 199 Legislative Body Codes; 200 - 299 Administrative Codes; 300 - 399 Standing Committee Codes; 400 - 500 Miscellaneous Codes.
- Code Changes: All Code Changes when recorded shall contain the number of the code followed by a lower case letter. This shall be done in time sequence order beginning with "a" and continuing to "z".
- The number and name of each Code and each amended Code passed by the Senate shall be listed in this article.
This Code shall supersede all Code on Codes passed prior to February 02, 2010.