SB-2018-19-016: LADOT DASH Bus Expansion
Senate Bill No.: SB-2018-19-016
Date: March 27, 2019
Authored by: Senator Ruiz, College of Business and Economics
- Senator Ratnaparkhi, Graduate Senator
Referred to: External Affairs
Committee Rec: External Affairs
Senate Action: April 15, 2019 (12-0-0)
Title: LADOT DASH Bus Expansion
1. WHEREAS: The Associated Students, Inc. (AS) is the official voice of over 38,000 students at California State University Northridge; AND
2. WHEREAS: AS is the primary advocate for students at CSUN and provides excellent, meaningful programs and services designed to create and enhance a spirited, learning-focused campus environment; AND
3. WHEREAS: AS is always trying to get more students involved and increase student participation within the many programs and services we offer; AND
4. WHEREAS: The DASH stops at Reseda and Nordhoff is highly congested and does not adequately serve the university and its students:
5. WHEREAS: The DASH Bus should stop at CSUN Transit centre for the benefit of students and the convenience of faculty and staff.
6. WHEREAS: CSUN is currently paying to have shuttle service from the campus to the Northridge Metrolink station, a route that DASH should be serving.
7. WHEREAS: The current challenge is that Bi-Directional shuttles (current one-way loop takes 25 minutes to complete a circuit) take more transit time.
8. WHEREAS: This transit time makes the DASH ride difficult to align with the Northridge Metrolink train schedule.
9. FINALLY: Improving or Extending the DASH route to CSUN Transit centre will solve this challenge and make the transit for all CSUN people more convenient; therefore let is be
1. RESOLVED: The Associated Students strongly supports the LADOT DASH expansion to allow the DASH to expand to Vincennes St., AND LET IT BE FURTHER
2. RESOLVED: AS encourages all students, faculty, staff and administration to support the expansion AND LET IT BE FURTHER
3. RESOLVED: That copies of this resolution be distributed widely, including but not limited to the following:
- Jerry Brown, Governor, California.
- Eric Garcetti, Mayor of Los Angeles.
- Greig Smith, Councilman
- Paul Krekorian, Councilman
- Dianne Harrison, CSUN President
- CSUN Today
- The Daily Sundial