Difference between revisions of "External Affairs Committee"
(Created page with "<big>'''AUTHORITY:'''</big><br /> This Code is established under Article Vii and Article XV of the Bylaws of the Associated Students, California State University, Northridge,...")
Revision as of 15:05, 16 June 2017
This Code is established under Article Vii and Article XV of the Bylaws of the Associated Students, California State University, Northridge, Inc.
The purpose of this Code shall be to outline and define responsibilities of the External Affairs Committee.
DATE OF EFFECTIVENESS:
This Code shall be effective when approved by a 2/3 majority vote of the Associated Students Senate.
This Code may be amended by a majority of the total voting membership of the Associated Students Senate.
- Voting membership of this committee shall consist of no less than five members and five of whom must be senators each appointed by the president and confirmed by the Senate.
- A senator, who shall be appointed by the A.S. President and confirmed by the Senate, shall chair the committee.
- A vice chair shall be appointed by the Chair of the External Affairs Committee and confirmed by a majority vote of the External Affairs Committee.
- The following shall be considered non-voting Ex-officio members of this committee:
- Attorney General
- Chair of Legislative Affairs
- A.S. representatives to the California State Student Association (CSSA)
- A.S. representative to the Northridge East Neighborhood Council
- Any CSUN students sitting on CSU Systemwide Committees
- Staff Advisor appointed by the A.S. General Manager
- This committee shall be a standing committee of the Associated Students Senate.
- This committee shall be responsible for, but not limited to, researching and recommending courses of action to the Associated Students Senate regarding any affairs concerned with:
- A) Campus relations with the local community.
- B) National and statewide issues that affect the Associated Students or any portion thereof.
- C) Relations with other CSU campuses.
- D) Relations with the Chancellor's office and the CSU Board of Trustees.
- This committee shall submit a written end of the semester report to the senate during the Spring and Fall semester.
- The chair shall be a member of the Council of Chairs.
- The chair shall be responsible for the distribution and organization of committee senate bills (legislative referrals).
- The chair shall be responsible for preparing and distributing the agenda and minutes to the committee.
- The minutes shall be sent to the A.S. Government Secretary to distribute to all necessary parties.
- Vice Chair
- The Vice Chair shall assume the duties of the Chair of the External Affairs Committee, in the absence of the Chair and will carry out the individual’s duties as outlined in the Codes on the External Affairs Committee and the Council of Chairs.
- The vice chair shall compile the minutes and submit them to the chair to be distributed with the following week’s agenda.
- This committee shall meet weekly during the regular semester.
The External Affairs Committee shall, in the execution of its responsibilities, uphold the policies of the:
- The United States Constitution
- The State of California
- California State University, Northridge
- Associated Students
The parliamentary authority for the Associated Students External Affairs Committee shall be the current edition of Robert’s Rules of Order, Newly Revised.
This Code shall supersede all Codes on the A.S. External Affairs Committee passed prior to May 5, 2014.