University Affairs Committee
This Code is established under Article VII and Article XV of the Bylaws of Associated Students, California State University, Northridge, Inc.
The purpose of this Code shall be to outline and define the responsibilities of the Associated Students University Affairs Committee.
DATE OF EFFECTIVENESS:
This Code shall be effective when approved by a 2/3 majority vote of the Associated Students Senate.
This Code may be amended by a majority of the total voting membership of the Associated Students Senate.
- Voting membership of this committee shall consist of no less than five members appointed by the President and confirmed by the Senate, and no more than one member at large.
- A senator, who shall be appointed by the A.S. President and confirmed by the Senate, shall chair the committee.
- A vice chair shall be appointed by the Chair of the University Affairs Committee and confirmed by a majority vote of the University Affairs Committee.
- The following shall be considered non-voting Ex-officio members of this committee:
- Attorney General
- Chair of Commissions
- Chair of Finance
- Chair of Clubs and Organizations
- Chair of Athletics
- Chair of Technology
- Staff Advisor appointed by the A.S. Executive Director
- This committee shall be a standing committee of the Associated Students Senate.
- The committee shall be responsible for, but not limited to, investigating and recommending courses of action to the Associated Students Senate on any affairs concerning academics and university wide issues, which affect the student body of California State University, Northridge, or any portion thereof.
- The committee shall evaluate the University and Faculty Advisors of the Associated Students Senate.
- This committee shall submit a written end of the semester report to the senate during the Spring and Fall semester.
- The chair shall be a member of the Council of Chairs.
- The chair shall be responsible for the distribution and organization of committee senate bills (legislative referrals).
- The chair shall be responsible for preparing and distributing the agenda and minutes to the committee.
- The minutes shall be sent to the A.S. Government Secretary to distribute to all necessary parties.
- Vice Chair
- The vice chair shall assume the duties of the Chair of the University Affairs, in the absence of the Chair and will carry out the individual’s duties as outlined in the Codes on the University Affairs Committee and the Council of Chairs.
- The vice chair shall compile the minutes and submit them to the chair to be distributed with the following week’s agenda.
- This committee shall meet weekly during the regular semester.
The University Affairs Committee shall, in the execution of its responsibilities, uphold the policies of the:
- The United States Constitution
- The State of California
- California State University, Northridge
- Associated Students
The parliamentary authority for the Associated Students University Affairs Committee shall be the current edition of Robert’s Rules of Order, Newly Revised.
This Code shall supersede all Codes on the A.S. University Affairs Committee passed prior to May 5, 2014.
Amended on: September 30, 2019