This Code is established under Article VII and Article XV of the Bylaws of Associated Students, California State University, Northridge, Inc.
The purpose of this Code shall be to outline and define the responsibilities of the Associated Students Sustainability Committee.
'DATE OF EFFECTIVENESS:'
This Code shall be effective when approved by a 2/3 majority vote of the Associated Students Senate.
This Code may be amended by a majority of the total voting membership of the Associated Students Senate.
- Voting membership of this committee shall consist of a minimum of 5 members and a maximum of 7 members each recommended by the A.S. President and confirmed by the A.S. Senate.
- A Vice Chair shall be appointed by the Chair of Sustainability and confirmed by a majority vote of the Sustainability Committee.
- A senator, who shall be appointed by the A.S. President and confirmed by the Senate, shall serve as a voting member of the committee.
- The following shall be considered non-voting Ex-officio members of this committee:
- A Staff Advisor appointed by the A.S. General Manager
- This committee shall be an executive committee under the A.S. President.
- This committee shall exist to assist the Chair of Sustainability in the Chair’s duties.
- The committee shall be responsible for educating students on current sustainable practices of the A.S., the campus, and the California State University system.
- The committee shall research, review, and recommend the initiation of new sustainable projects and programs to the Student Senate.
- The committee shall create resolutions and policies that articulate sustainable recommendations and direction to the A.S., campus, and CSU System to conduct business in a more sustainable fashion.
- Chair of Sustainability
- The Chair of Sustainability shall abide by all requirements outlined in the Code for the Chair of Sustainability.
- The Chair of Sustainability shall chair all meetings of the Sustainability Committee and serve as a voting member only in the event of making or breaking a tie.
- The Chair of Sustainability shall be responsible for the distribution and organization of the Sustainability Committee tasks.
- The Chair of Sustainability shall be responsible for preparing and distributing the agenda and minutes to the Sustainability Committee and other relevant stakeholders.
- Vice Chair
- The Vice Chair will take the role of the Chair of Sustainability in the absence of the Chair of Sustainability, and will carry out the Chair’s duties as outlined in this code and the A.S. Code on the Chair of Sustainability.
- The Vice Chair shall compile the minutes and submit them to the chair to be distributed with the following week’s agenda.
- Voting Members
- The tenure of office for the Voting Members of the Sustainability Committee shall be one year, to be concurrent with the term of the Associated Students President. Should the office be vacated during the school year, the new appointee’s tenure of office shall end when the tenure of the A.S. President ends.
- The Voting Members of the Sustainability Committee shall assist the Chair of the Sustainability Committee in the completion of the Chair’s duties.
The A.S. Sustainability Committee shall meet on Wednesday from 2 p.m. – 3 p.m. during the regular semester.
QUORUM AND ABSENCES
- Quorum for the Sustainability Committee shall be defined as a minimum of five voting members present.
- Voting members of the Sustainability Committee who have three unexcused absences or five absences total from official meetings of the committee will be considered as having vacated their seat.
- The Chair of Sustainability will be responsible for reporting absences from the Sustainability Committee to the A.S. President.
The Sustainability Committee shall, in the execution of its responsibilities, uphold the policies of the:
- The United States Constitution
- The State of California
- California State University, Northridge
- Associated Students
The parliamentary authority for the Associated Students Sustainability Committee shall be the current edition of Robert’s Rules of Order, Newly Revised.
This Code shall supersede all Codes on the A.S. Sustainability Committee passed prior to December 8, 2014.