Council of Chairs
This Code is established under Article XV of the Bylaws of the Associated Students, California State University, Northridge, Inc.
The purpose of this code shall be to outline and define the responsibilities of the Council of Chairs.
DATE OF EFFECTIVENESS:
This Code shall be effective when approved by a majority vote of the Associated Students Senate
This Code may be amended by a majority vote of the Associated Students Senate.
The membership of this committee shall consist of the following members of the Associated Students:
- Vice President (Chair)
- Chair, External Affairs committee (voting member of committee)
- Chair, Internal Affairs committee (voting member of committee)
- Chair, University Affairs Committee (voting member of committee)
- A.S. Coordinator for Student Leadership (Advisor, non-voting)
- Attorney General (Staff, non-voting)
- Chief of Staff (staff, non-voting)
This committee shall be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Defining issues and coordinating the work assignments of the Standing Committees of the A.S. Senate.
- Making recommendation to the A.S. Senate on emergency matters affecting the Associated Students.
- Recommending courses of action to the A.S. President on any affairs affecting the Associated Students, California State University, Northridge, Inc.
- Approving at-large student members to serve on standing committees.
- Approving the interview questions of all open positions within Student Government
- Reassigning Legislative Referrals to different standing committees by Council of Chairs majority vote and signature from the AS President.
- The chair shall be responsible for preparing and distributing the agenda and minutes to the committee.
- The minutes shall be sent to the A.S. Government Secretary to distribute to all necessary parties.
- Vice Chair
- The vice-chair shall be the Attorney General, in the absence of the Attorney General, the vice-chair shall be the Chief of Staff.
- The vice chair shall compile the minutes and submit them to the chair to be distributed with the following meeting’s agenda.
- Voting Members
- Each voting member of the Council of Chairs shall prepare a comprehensive report on their respective committees each semester
- This committee shall meet as often as deemed necessary by the President or Vice President
The Council of Chairs shall, in the execution of its responsibilities, uphold and policies of the:
- The United States Constitution
- The State of California
- California State University, Northridge
- Associated Students
The parliamentary authority for the Associated Students Council of Chairs shall be the current edition of Robert’s Rules of Order, Newly Revised.
This Code shall supersede all Codes on the A.S. Council of Chairs passed prior to May 5, 2014.
Amended on: December 7, 2020 (16-1-1)