Code of Conduct
This Code is established under Article XV of the Bylaws of the Associated Students, Inc., California State University Northridge.
The purpose of this Code is to define the conduct of all student officers members, employees, and staff members of the Associated Students at Associated Students sponsored events, University events, on and off, and other clubs’ and organizations’ events.
STANDARDS OF IMPLEMENTATION:
This Code shall be effective when approved by a majority vote of the total voting membership of the Associated Students Senate.
This code may be amended by a majority of the total voting membership of the Associated Students Senate.
STANDARDS OF CONDUCT
- All elected, hired or appointed student leaders, executive cabinet members, student staff, and student members of Associated Students committees must agree to the “Student Leader Code of Conduct” by signing the form.
- The obligations listed in the “Student Leader Code of Conduct” form are established as core actions which members of the Associated Students are expected to perform.
- Student leaders of the Associated Students are expected to conduct themselves in a manner befitting a leader at all on- and off-campus events that are sponsored by the Associated Students, the University or the clubs and organizations which the Associated Students represent.
- Student leaders of the Associated Students are expected to conduct themselves in accordance with the California State University Northridge Student Code of Conduct.
VIOLATION OF STANDARDS OF CONDUCT
- Any interested party may file a written claim, within 60 days of violation of the above standards of conduct to the Associated Students Central office.
- Any claim of violation excluding staff members, will be heard before the Associated Students Judicial Court to determine if a violation has occurred and what, if any, penalties will be given for the violation.
- If a violation has occurred, the Judicial Court may impose any of the following penalties:
- Written reprimand
- Removal from position or office, if applicable.
- Suspension of any tangible benefits from position or office
- Recommendation for expulsion from the University
- A 2/3 of the total voting membership of Judicial Court is needed to impose any of the following penalties.
This Code shall supersede all codes on the AS Code of Conduct pass prior to December 11, 2007.