Chair of Personnel
This Code is established under the authority of Article VIII, Section 3 of the Associated Students Constitution.
The purpose of this Code is to establish the office of the A.S. Chair of Personnel and to outline and define the duties and responsibilities of the A.S. Chair of Personnel
DATE OF EFFECTIVENESS:
This Code shall be effective when approved by a majority vote of the Associated Students Senate.
This Code may be amended by a majority of the total voting membership of the Senate.
APPOINTMENT, TENURE, AND RESPONSIBILITY
- The Chair of Personnel shall be a student appointed by the A.S. President and confirmed by the Senate.
- The tenure of office for the Chair of Personnel shall be one year, to be concurrent with the term of the A.S. President who appointed the Chair of Personnel. Should the office be vacated during the school year, the new appointee shall serve for the remainder of the term.
- The Chair of Personnel shall be directly responsible for the discharge of his/her duties to the A.S. President.
- The Chair of Personnel shall be a student in good standing as defined in Article V, Section 1 of the A.S. Constitution and the Chancellor’s Office guidelines.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CHAIR OF PERSONNEL
- The Chair of Personnel shall be a member of the A.S. President's Cabinet.
- The Chair of Personnel shall serve as an ex-offico member of the Internal Affairs Committee.
- The Chair of Personnel shall be an ex-officio member of the A.S. Personnel Board.
- The recruiting of qualified applicants for the following offices and committees as vacancies occur:
- Present Chair of Cabinet
- Applicants shall be automatically screened as per qualifications in the Associated Students Constitution and Bylaws.
- All senate applicants must be interviewed by a committee that must consist of but is not limited to the Chair of Personnel, and one current senator.
- All interviews must follow a formal interview process containing the use of interview questions compiled by the Chair of Personnel and approved by the Council of Chairs.
- To take special precautions regarding Associated Students applicants' information during and before the end of their term.
- Such as but not limited to:
- Destroying applicants’ information at least a week prior to the end of the applicants’ term. Should a vacancy in the office of the Chair of Personnel occur any and all documents of applicants whose term has ended during the time of the Chair of Personnel vacancy shall be destroyed by the new Chair of Personnel immediately after senate confirmation.
- Take all necessary measures to secure applicants information and privacy during and after business hours.
- Facilitate the process of A.S. Member of the Month
- Perform other duties pertaining to the recruitment of Associated Students personnel as directed by the Associated Students’ President.
The Chair of Personnel may form any and all committees he/she feels are necessary for the completion and fulfillment of this office.
The Chair of Personnel shall, in the execution of his/her responsibilities, conform to and abide by the policies of:
- The United States Constitution
- The State of California
- California State University, Northridge
- Associated Students
All meetings called by the Chair of Personnel shall be conducted according to parliamentary law as set forth in Robert’s Rules of Order, Newly Revised.
This Code shall supersede all Codes on the A.S. Chair of Personnel passed prior to May 5, 2014.