Chair of Clubs and Organizations
CHAIR OF CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS
This Code is established under the authority of Article XV, Section 1 of the Associated Students Constitution.
The purpose of this Code is to establish the office of the A.S. Chair of Clubs and Organizations and to outline and define the duties and responsibilities of the A.S. Chair of Clubs and Organizations.
DATE OF EFFECTIVENESS:
This Code shall be effective when approved by a majority vote of the Associated Students Senate.
This Code may be amended by a majority of the total voting membership of the Senate.
APPOINTMENT, TENURE AND RESPONSIBILITY
- The Chair and Committee of Clubs and Organizations shall be a student appointed by the A.S. President and confirmed by the Senate.
- The tenure of the office for the Chair of Clubs and Organizations shall be one year, to be concurrent with the term of the A.S. President who appointed him/her. Should the office be vacated during the school year, the new appointee shall serve for the remainder of the term.
- The Chair of Clubs and Organizations shall be responsible for the discharge of his/her duties to the A.S. President
- The Chair of Clubs and Organizations shall be a student in good standing as defined in Article V, Section 1 of the A.S. Constitution and the Chancellor’s Office guidelines.
DUTIES OF THE CHAIR OF CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS
- To act as a liaison between chartered clubs and organizations and the Associated Students.
- To develop a monthly calendar of clubs and organizations activities.
- To increase campus awareness of all clubs and organizations activities.
- To update clubs and organizations’ community partnerships through A.S. Marketing.
- To maintain a close relationship with the Matador Involvement Center to increase awareness of and provide on and off campus advertising sources for clubs and organizations.
- To maintain a close relationship with Unified We Serve to plan and coordinate an annual service project for senators and cabinet members.
- To gather and maintain an active database of club and organization contacts.
- To conduct University 100 class presentations to first time freshman in collaboration with the University Affairs Committee.
- To organize a club and organization Annual Recognition Conference workshop with the A.S. President and Vice President.
- To organize roundtable discussions with club and organization leaders and the A.S. President and Vice President
- To attend club and organization meetings, events, and committees at the discretion of the A.S. President in collaboration with the University Affairs Committee.
- The Chair of Clubs and Organizations shall serve as an ex-officio member of the University Affairs Committees.
The Chair of Clubs and Organizations shall, in the execution of his/her responsibilities, conform to and abide by the policies of:
- The United States Constitution
- The State of California
- California State University, Northridge
- Associated Students
All meetings called by the Chair of Clubs and Organizations shall be conducted according to parliamentary law as set forth in Roberts Rules of Order, Newly Revised.
This Code shall supersede all Codes on the A.S. Chair of Clubs and Organizations passed prior to May 5, 2014.
Approved on: May 5, 2014
Amended on: May 2, 2016