This Code is established under the authority prescribed in the Constitution and Bylaws of the Associated Students of California State University, Northridge, Inc.
The purpose of this Code shall be to outline and define responsibilities of Chair with regards to Chair Compensation.
DATE OF EFFECTIVENESS:
This Code shall be effective when approved by a majority vote of the Associated Students Senate.
This Code may be amended by a majority of the total voting membership of the Associated Students Senate.
The Chairs of Associated Students shall be responsible for fulfilling their duties as outlined in the following codes: Section VI of the Code of the Associated Students Chair of Personel (214b), Section VII of the Code on the Office of Legislative Affairs (211b), Article XIII of the Associated Student Constitution, Section VI of the Code on Student Production and Campus Entertainment (216bc) and Section VI of the Code on Associated Student Elections (08h).
- If a Chair leaves offices or is removed from office, they shall no longer be eligible for the remaining compensation of that session.
ADMINISTRATION OF CHAIR COMPENSATION
- The amount of Chair Compensation shall be determined in the Annual Budget and approved by the Personel Board.
- Chair Compensations are awarded based upon the date of taking office and the work required to be done. The exact number of pay periods shall be discussed and disclosed to the Chair upon their acceptance of office.
- This Code shall be reviewed at the beginning of each semester by the Policies Committee and a report brought before the Senate no later than the fourth (4th) regularly scheduled Senate meeting of that session.
- An itemized report should include the amount of the Compensation and any other benefits received as a result of holding a position as a Chair.
- This Code shall be included in the Senate Retreat Packet.
The Code on Senate Compensation shall uphold the policies of:
- The United States Constitution
- The State of California
- California State University, Northridge
- Associated Students, Inc.
This Code shall supersede any and all codes on Associated Students Senate Compensation passed prior to June 14, 2012.