Annual Recognition Banquet
This Code is established under Article XV of the Bylaws of the Associated Students, California State University, Northridge, Inc.
The purpose of this code shall be to outline the policies and procedures governing the Associated Students Annual Recognition Banquet. The purpose of the Banquet is to celebrate the collective achievements of the Associated Students, CSU Northridge, Inc. over the course of the past year, and to recognize academic and service excellence amongst the staff and student leaders of the A.S.
DATE OF EFFECTIVENESS:
This Code shall be effective when approved by a majority vote of the Associated Students Senate.
This Code may be amended by a 2/3 vote of the total voting membership of the Associated Students Senate.
The Banquet Committee will produce the A.S. Annual Recognition Banquet. The membership of this committee shall consist of the following members of the Associated Students:
- A.S. Program Advisor (Chair)
- Graduate Assistant for Productions (voting)
- A.S. President or designee (voting)
- A.S. Producer, Productions (voting)
- Government Secretary (voting)
- A.S. Manager for Student Leadership (Advisor, non-voting)
This committee shall be responsible for, but not limited to the following duties with the approval of the A.S. President and Vice President:
- Developing a working budget for the banquet.
- Inviting and managing the RSVP’s and payments for all guests.
- Ordering all awards with the approval of the A.S. President and Vice President
- Planning and executing banquet preparations including room reservations, food selection, décor, developing an event script, recruiting the help of adequate volunteers, and all aspects related to the production of banquet.
- This committee shall meet biweekly beginning no later than February of each year.
- The banquet will be held during the month of May each year.
- A.S. Student Leadership and Student Employees will be free of charge to attend this event.
- Each Banquet will include:
- A presentation by each A.S. Department on its key achievements and recognition of its staff.
- A keynote, farewell speech by the current A.S. President.
- A passing of the gavel from the current A.S. President to the incoming A.S. President.
- A brief speech from the incoming A.S. President.
- The banquet will include a “tradition of the rose” ceremony.
The Banquet Committee shall, in the execution of its responsibilities, uphold the policies of the:
- The United States Constitution
- The State of California
- California State University, Northridge
- Associated Students
The parliamentary authority for the Associated Students Banquet Committee shall be the current edition of Robert’s Rules of Order, Newly Revised.
This Code shall supersede all Codes on the A.S. Annual Recognition Banquet passed prior to December 8, 2014.